- For diesel “mixer” applications, ACAT’s herringbone (HB) pattern, diameter size and flow length can be adjusted and tailored to meet urea conversion requirements.
- ACAT HB Technology enables flexibility of designing a mixer to meet challenging packaging (volume, size and shape) requirements by allowing a choice of numerous HB patterns, different flow lengths and various diameter sizes.
- Standard HB patterns range from 70 HB to 450 HB.
- An increase in HB pattern size will increase mixing as well as back pressure. A decrease in HB pattern will reduce mixing and back pressure.
- Standard flow lengths range from 57mm to 156mm.
- Increasing flow length will increase mixing as well as back pressure. Decreasing flow length will reduce mixing and back pressure.
- Diameter of HB substrate can range from 1” to 36”.
- Increasing diameter will reduce back pressure.
- Urea and exhaust gases flowing from one chevron through the next creates full reversal within HB pattern. Gases passing through more chevrons will result in greater mixing.